Graduated with honours from the Law School of the University of Pavia, 2006 (J.D.).
LL.M. in International Commercial Law from the University of Cambridge (2007-2008).
Ph.D. in Intellectual Property Law (2010).
Andrea Tosato provides legal counsel in matters concerning international commercial law and intellectual property law. He has been a member of Studio Legale Tosato since 2011.
Adjunct Professor at the university of Florence (2010-2011), Adjunct Professor at the University of Pavia (2010-2011), Lecturer in Law and Co-Director at the Centre of Intellectual Property Policy and Management at Burnemouth University (2011-2012), Assistant Professor at the University of Nottingham (2013-present). Expert adviser to the Italian delegation to UNCITRAL Working Group VI “Security Interests”.
Member of the European Law Institute, fellow of the Society of Legal Scholars and of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce.
- Commercial agency and the duty to act in good faith (forthcoming)
- An exploration of the European dimension of the Commercial Agents Regulations, (2013) Lloyd’s Maritime and Commercial Law Quarterly, 544-565
- The protection of traditional foods in the EU: Traditional Specialties Guaranteed, (2013) European Law Journal, 545-576
- Security interests over intellectual property, (2011) Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, 93-104
- Amendments to the Italian Code for Industrial Property, (2010) GRUR International, 1111-1112
- The UNCITRAL Annex on security rights in IP: a work in progress, (2009) journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, 743-750
- Garanzie “reali” e diritti IP: per un censimento dei materiali’ (2009), Il diritto d’autore, 557-601
- Security interests over intellectual property rights: a comparative analysis’ in Bazinas & Akseli, Festschrift of Professor Rod McDonald, (Hart, 2015) forthcoming.
- Articles 103-106, 111, 167 (Italian Copyright law) and 138-140 (Industrial Property Code), Ubertazzi, Commentario breve alle leggi su proprietà intellettuale e concorrenza, 6th edition, (2015) forthcoming.
- Articles 103-106, 111, 167 (Italian Copyright law) and 138-140 (Industrial Property Code), Ubertazzi, Commentario breve alle leggi su proprietà intellettuale e concorrenza, 5th edition, 2012.
- ‘Jens Hartig Danielsen, EU Agricultural Law: Book Review’ (2014) Common Market Law Review, 1307-1308.